The fans have spoken, and Stage 7 of the 2014 USA Pro Cycling Challenge professional cycling race will start in Boulder, CO, August 24!
The races will circle around downtown Boulder a couple of times then go through Golden and over Lookout Mountain, finishing with three circuits around Downtown Denver.
The race is the largest spectator event in Colorado history and one of the largest sporting events to ever take place in the United States. Spectators will see Olympians, World Champions and Tour de France competitors.
Summer of Cycling!
There is plenty to do before the racers arrive in Boulder and after they head out of town!
- 5/26 – BolderBOULDER Tent Tent in the expo area on race day
- 7/10 – JOKES FOR SPOKES presented by Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. 7-10pm. A night of comedy at the Boulder Theater featuring Comedy Works comedians.
- 7/19 – USA PRO CHALLENGE COMMUNITY RIDE 9 a.m. at Bicycle Village near Whole Foods on 28th and Pearl St.
- 8/9 – BOULDER NITES CLASSIC 7:45pm at North Boulder Park. A fun family bike ride around the streets of Boulder.
- 8/24 – RACE DAY! Pro Start 12 p.m. at 18th and Pearl St. Boulder Kids Challenge will start after pros.
Sunday, Aug. 24 is Race Day!
- Autograph Alley will be open near the start area at 18th and Pearl St. Look for the team buses. This is the place to be to get autographs and photos from your favorite riders as they head to sign in.
- The VIP Tent will open at 10 a.m.
- The pro race kicks off at noon at 18th & Pearl. Boulder will have two parade loops before the riders head up Broadway through University Hill and then out of town on Broadway to Golden and the rest of Stage 7.
- Just because the race is over doesn’t mean the fun is! Head on over to our Kid's Challenge page to learn more about a fun ride for kids will start after the Pros!
- Watch party for volunteers and friends from 2–4 p.m. at the Boulder Theatre.
Boulder Kid's Challenge
- Meet the Pro’s, along autograph alley between Folsom and Pearl, 11am -12pm
- Day of Reg @ Victors & Spoils on corner of SE corner of 19th & Pearl
- T-Shirts to the first 300 registrants
- Noon-ish: Pro's Start at 18th & Pearl.
- Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Scoops and Cookies from Great Harvest Bread Company to follow ride
- $5 suggested donation to benefit Community Cycles.
Kid's Rides – same start as the Pro's!!
Staging & Start at SE corner of 19th & Pearl.
- 12:50: 10-11 year olds, 3 laps, counterclockwise
- 1:15: 8 – 9 year olds, 2 laps, counterclockwise
- 1:30: 5-7 years olds, 1 lap, counterclockwise
- 1:45: 4 & Under, 100 meters