1943- Keith Richards, Rolling Stone, is born.
5 things about Keith Richards:
1. He spent two years in the Boy Scouts. An avid collector, he claimed that the only reason he joined was so he could wear a knife.
2. According to his 2010 autobiography, Life, he claims to have only slept, on average, two nights per week during the Stones’ heyday.
3. Known for loving shepherd’s pie, he demands it on tour. Mick Jagger says of the Stones’ touring etiquette for staff and support: “Rule 1. You don’t play on the snooker table unless you’ve been asked. And, secondly, you never, ever, take the shepherd’s pie unless Keith Richards has broken the crust first.”
4. Contrary to popular belief, he did not have all his blood removed to detox from heroin.
5. Keith quote: "If you are going to get wasted, then get wasted
(Photo by Ian Gavan/Getty Images)
1966 - Tara Browne was killed when driving at high speed in his Lotus Elan after it collided with a parked lorry in South Kensington, London. A close friend of The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger and Brian Jones his death was immortalized in The Beatles song 'A Day In The Life’ ( He blew his mind out in a car He didn't notice that the lights had changed) after John Lennon read a report on the coroner's verdict into Browne's death.
1972 - Bob Dylan starting filming his role in the American western drama Pat Garrett and Billy The Kid along with James Coburn and Kris Kristofferson. Dylan composed the score and songs for the film, most prominently 'Knockin' on Heaven's Door'.
1972 - The Ringo Starr-directed T. Rex documentary Born to Boogie premiered at Oscar's Cinema in Brewer Street, Soho (U.K.). In attendance are Starr, the members of T. Rex, and Elton John.
2003 - James Brown and country music star Loretta Lynn were honored for their contributions to U.S. culture. The pair were invited to a gala attended by President George Bush at the Kennedy Arts Center in Washington.
The Animals bassist Chas Chandler was born today in 1938.
Elliot Easton of The Cars is 67.
Sia is 45.
Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O'Connell (best-known as Billie Eilish) is 19.
On This Day In Music History is sourced from This Day in Music, Paul Shaffer's Day in Rock, Song Facts and Wikipedia.