I hope you can join me! Tickets are just 80 cents at axs.com.
The Red Rocks 8 o’clock Howl opens the iconic venues’ 80th anniversary, not with platinum-selling acts, but those who have kept the music playing during the Covid-19 pandemic from their front porches, churches, yards and hospitals.
Among the performers:
· The police and firefighters of the Emerald Society Bagpipers who played nightly in communities across Colorado
· Intensive Care Unit nurse Emily Worthem who sang for patients at UC Health
· Dove Award-winning vocalist JoFoKe, trumpeter Shane Endsley and pianist Adam Waite performed gospel and jazz online
· The nationally-ranked Longmont High School drumline competed nationally – but online
· Special remarks from Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock
· Additional artists to be announced
Emceed by KBCO’s Bret Saunders, the event also includes a special 8 o’clock Howl – led by the Denver couple who moved a trend into global consciousness with a Facebook group of more than 600,000 from 100 countries, all symbolically thanking front line workers by howling each night during the pandemic.